Thursday, June 30, 2011

Book Review-The Hunger Games

Today I'm going to be doing a book review on the widely known first book to a trilogy-The Hunger Games.
First off I'll start you with some reviews from others.

"[The Hunger Games] is a violent, jarring, speed-rap of a novel that generates nearly constant suspense...I couldn't stop reading."
--Stephen King, Entertainment Weekly Review

"I was so obsessed with this book I had to take it with me out to dinner and hide it under the edge of the table so I wouldn't have to stop reading. The story kept me up for several nights in a row, because even after I was finished, I just lay in bed wide awake thinking about it...The Hunger Games is amazing."
--Stephenie Meyer, www.stepheniemeyer.com
 
"The Hunger Games is as close to perfect an adventure novel as I've ever read. I could not put it down. Collins has transformed the ancient Labyrinth myth into a terrifyingly believable tale of future America. Readers will be hungry for more.
--Rick Riordan, author of The Percy Jackson Series and The 39 Clues
 
Now for a little tidbit of the book.....
 
Once I'm on my feet, I realize escape might not be so simple. Panic begins to set in. I can't stay here. Flight is essential. But I can't let my fear show.
 
Sounds like a good book right? Wrong! It's a great book!
 
My mom tried to get me to read them for WEEKS but I wouldn't touch 'em. Then, I opened The Hunger Games up one day and started reading. It took a few chapters to really get into it but once I had started I couldn't stop!
 
 What Katniss does for her sister Prim in the beginning is lovely, and sets the stage for the whole book. Also, Katniss and Peeta's relationship is very comical but sweet. I wish Collins would've added more of that to the last book.
 
I wish I had time to tell you more, but I don't. If you'd like you can google The Hunger Games, or better yet, read it!
 
Best of all, there's nothing inappropriate about it. Not much cussing, nothing sexual, you get it. And that's wonderful 'cause I can't read books that have stuff like that in them!
 
Hope you enjoy the book everyone! And make sure to read the other two once you're done!
-Owner's Don't Knock

No comments:

Post a Comment