Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Book Review: Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Hi everyone! I am Shelby from Come All, Come Write (my writing blog, www.comeallcomewrite.blogspot.com) and The Fashionista Girls (my fashion blog, www.thefashionistagirls.blogspot.com)! Thank you for having me today, Authors Anonymous!

Today, I am going to do a book review on Delirium by Lauren Oliver.


Lauren Oliver (www.laurenoliverbooks.blogspot.com) is my favorite author. She has only written two books so far in her career, Before I Fall, and Delirium. I am reviewing Delirium because of how amazing the idea is.
Delirium just came out this year and I recently found out (I emailed Lauren Oliver!) that Delirium was actually the first book in a three book trilogy! Here is the summary of the novel:
 Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -the deliria- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.
But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.

This to me, is a sort of twist on Romeo and Juliet... only much better!
The idea is genius and I would definitely give it 5 stars!

I also have good news: if you read this book (which you definitely should!), then you can watch the movie.
Now I am not certain as to when the movie will be released or even how far they are on it (have they even cast it yet?) but I do know that Lauren Oliver emailed me (after I asked her, of course!) saying that it was and I quote, “Delirium has been optioned for film and is now on the long journey toward moviehood (is that a word??!...), so yes! It will eventually be made into a movie!”

I deeply recommend this book to anyone that likes a love story with some major suspense.
This book will leave you in love with Alex, the boy Lena falls in love with. You have to read it to know what happens to Lena Haloway and Alex.

Delirium has been my favorite book I have ever read (so far!) and she has remained my favorite author since I read her first book, Before I Fall, which I also recommend but that’s not the book I reviewed…

Anyway, if you have read it or are looking to read it, please comment here or at my writing blog (www.comeallcomewrite.blogspot.com) and let me know what you thought.

I hope you are/will be as impressed as I am.

Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment