So,today I'm supposed to be doing tips,so I am!I got most of these off of tumblr(who knew they had so much cool stuff on there??!!) and I loved them! So,here ya go!
3.When to end. It’s no good to keep rambling on and on without a purpose. Choose to end the story, or to re-identify the plot.
- A “sagging middle” means that your writing has an empty feeling and cannot hold your readers attention. This usually happens before the climax of the story, and the plot and motivation is lost. To avoid this problem structure your story before hand. There can never be too much planning, and you can always edit your plans as you go along.
- Remember the four plot progresses when writing a story - the inciting incident, the complication, the crisis/climax, and the resolution.
- Writing aimlessly isn’t always a good thing. Plan out any alternatives that you like. For example, try outlining what it would be like for your characters to walk through a forest vs camping right in the middle of the forest. Good luck writing
2.After the beginning of a story comes the infamous middle of the story. Starting strongly with the beginning of the story pulls the readers in, but what about the middle? What should you do in the middle of the book to keep the reader’s attention? Here is a short list of things to keep in mind.
- Story events - everything happens in the middle of the book. List out your most important events of the story, and make sure you follow through.
- Conflict - if there are no dilemmas, where is the tension of the story? There would be no pull. Make sure your conflict makes the readers think “I wonder what’s going to happen” and then evolve the conflict.
- Characters - time to develop your characters! Relationships, personalities, etc., this is when your characters come alive. Reveal hidden information about your characters. I find the best way to develop characters is through dialogue.
- Setting - the world of the book is as important as the characters. Remember to explore the setting and the effects it has on the plot, characters and problems.
Sorry about doing three instead of the usual one.I couldn't pick just one...and the last picture is a great way to get motivated!!!