Saturday, July 23, 2011

A poem, a tip, and a prompt ~ Guest Post Stacy

Hello, it's Stacy from http://sweetsgalore.blogspot.com. And I am here today to give a poem, a tip, and a prompt. Also, I'm hosting a contest on my blog, for more info please go here. Well here it goes.


Photos

A piece
A memory
Stuck forever
In time
Feelings of
Nostalgia
Arouse in
Waves
Inside
Of me
Tears
Or
Smiles
Start to play
As I
Remember
This time
Of place
That has
You. 

And a tip that I would highly recommend would be to start thinking in your characters' POV. Just imagine them in some bizarre situation, and just think to yourself, "Okay what would I do if I was my MC?" It just might make your character even more realistic than before. 
A prompt: Write about what you would do if you saw zombies and vampires protesting in front of the White House, with signs that say, 'We were once humans too.' 
Another prompt would be, what would you put in a strange soup. Try to make the ingredients as inedible as possible, and once you're done write a scene involving that soup. 
Well hope these help, and remember keep writing.

1 comment:

  1. really good poem. :)
    Shelby
    www.comeallcomewrite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete