Monday, November 28, 2011

Mindful Monday

"Writing is a form of personal freedom. It frees us from the mass identity we see all around us. In the end, writers will write not to be outlaw heroes of some underculture but mainly to save themselves, to survive as individuals." -Don DeLillo
"There is a common belief that because most of us are literate and fluent, there is no need to serve an apprenticeship if we want to become a successful wordsmith. … That’s what I thought until I tried to write my first novel. I soon learnt that a novel, like a piece of furniture, has its own set of requirements, laws of construction that have to be learnt. Just because I had read plenty of novels didn’t mean I could write one, any more than I could make a chair because I had sat on enough of them." -Nigel Watts
"Creative writing is writing that expresses the writer’s thoughts and feelings in an imaginative, often unique, and poetic way." -Sil.org – What is Creative Writing?
-Owner's Don't Knock

No comments:

Post a Comment