Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Letting Go-October 18th

My writing prompt for today.
I had to explain a scene.
I chose; a rock concert.
-Owner's Don't Knock

I take in the scene. Let it all soak in. The music blaring in my head; all around me. Everyone's got their hands in the air, jumping up and down. It smells like sweat, beer, and weed.
I'm near the front so I've got a clear view of the band that's up. Everyone seems to know the words. This is so simple. It all seems so easy, getting away from it all. Just living.
The singer asks if they can calm things down; saying a song title. Everyone screams. Obviously it's alright. A girl stumbles into me, muttering 'sorry.' She's completely drunk.
Life like this, it won't be here for long. That's why I snuck out; went to this thing. For memories. Drama, lies, tears; cheers to the teenage years.

No comments:

Post a Comment