After printing several of the wrong documents for work, spilling cleaning solution, trying to vacuum with a broken vacuum and come up with story ideas while listening to MPR it occurred to me:
Only smart people do stupid things. Stupid people don't know any better.
But that leaves me in a quandary. Am I stupid (so therefore it's not my fault) or smart (therefore I am stupid)?
Anyone else have these days...or is it just me?
Monday, July 9, 2012
I'd like to invite you all to have a look at my new blog Mnemosyne. This is a project that I've been thinking about the last couple of months or so, and when Abbi graciously agreed to design it for me, I knew that it was time to act!
So while I will still post here at Authors, Mnemosyne will deal mostly with my current writing projects, and I will become a tad bit more opinionated, so I might even dare to talk about some books I don't like (as well as the ones I do) and why...but that is in the future. For now, I need to survive the first post!
I'd love it if you'd all come and check it out!
(and maybe just maybe...you might like it enough to follow it)
Posted by Shay at 10:02 PM
Thursday, July 5, 2012
[ párrə dim ]
- typical example: a typical example of something
- model that forms basis of something: an example that serves as a pattern or model for something, especially one that forms the basis of a methodology or theory
- set of all forms of word: a set of word forms giving all of the possible inflections of a word
So lets get this month's goals onto paper!
A review from April:
- Finish editing my short story. X
So I didn't finish editing my story, but I memorized my music (and the recital went fabulously!). No questions for editors, but I did hunt around a little bit for somewhere to publish my short story. I ran every other day or so in April. And I completed the semester with all A's!!!! So the two biggest ones got done.
Okay, goals for July:
- Do laundry once a week (I tossed a ton of clothes getting ready to move to a dorm, so clothing is scarce).
- Write my sf short story for my Science Fiction class (First draft this week).
- Run three times a week (starting...tomorrow?).
- Start my book (uh...tonight? Yes, tonight!).
Paradigm is a new word I just learned, though I must sat macabre will always have a place in my heart. Do any of you have favorite words that you are particularly fond of?
Posted by Shay at 7:44 AM